August 26, 2009

Thinking it out

Had tremendous bother trying to upload this for some godforsaken reason.

I've had alot of people asking me to share more of the process behind Felicity and the concepts and 'base' work. I'm trying my best to remember that, here I've scanned in a few rough sketches.

I usually take a pencil to a page and spend a few minutes jotting down ideas for compositions, poses, expressions. In this instance doing some early work fleshing out a few scenes in Issue 3. My poses, composition and everything else are usually always completely defined during the storyboarding phase, where I'll literally thumbnail the comic panel by panel, page by page. I find doing these kind of 'warm-ups' make for a good chance to try things on and visualize a scenairo.

Hugely rough and quick work but it qualifies for the process and I'm trying to share more of that.

-T

PS: This blog better format correctly or so help me God >:I

1 comment:

Celes said...

I always get excited when you update this thing. Yay art. :D